Keycloak Password Policy
The post describes how to configure Password Policy in Keycloak
What is a password policy?
A Password Policy is the set of restrictions and/or requirements that a user must follow to ensure that their password is strong.
Open Keycloak admin page, open Authentication, go to the Password Policy tab.
Click on the Add policy … to see the list of available password policies.
Keycloak documentation related to Password Policies is here
Recommended Password Policies
- Digits – minimum number of digits required
- Special Characters - minimum number of special characters required
- Expire Password – password expires after n days
- Not Username - password should be different from username
- Minimum Length - minimum length of the password
User Experience should be improved.
Keycloak informs about each error separately and it not user friendly.